When we discover that we have extra pounds, we start looking for ways to get rid of them. A variety of diets, fitness, morning jogging are used. But perhaps for a start it is worth thinking about the reasons for the appearance of excess weight. In this article we will explain in detail what a proper diet for weight loss is.
Can you lose weight if you eat right?
Proper nutrition plays an important role in metabolism. It is necessary to understand which foods have a positive effect on our body, how to prepare a rational menu and how healthy eating and weight loss are related!
Proper nutrition for weight loss at home is the foundation of the basics. Even with the most intense physical activity, without proper nutrition, you will not be able to effectively lose weight and build muscle mass.
Many would argue that it all depends on the type of metabolism of each person. Someone can hack even a pound of nails (just kidding), and someone even a single sandwich will soon come back to haunt. We hasten to note that the body's capabilities are not unlimited, it will eventually run out of patience. And then you will be disturbed not only by excess weight, but also by problems with the gastric tract, pressure, heart, joints. This was noticed long ago by people and summed up with the proverb that "a glutton digs his own grave with his teeth".
Skeptics may argue that it is difficult to maintain a healthy diet for weight loss these days, because there are few natural products. Be patient, analyze your menu, throw out unhealthy foods, especially those that are called "fast carbohydrates".
- sweet pastry;
- carbonated drinks;
- baked goods with wheat flour;
- starchy foods;
- mayonnaise, ketchup and other sauces.
To lose weight at home with proper nutrition, you must not only change your menu, but also count the number of calories you eat, remembering that you must eat less than you spend. Healthy food shouldconsist of a balanced amount of proteins, fats, carbohydrates, minerals and vitamins. To achieve results and lose weight, you will always need to follow a balanced diet. After all, many have probably noticed that after any of the diets, the lost kilograms quickly return if you continue to eat as you did before losing weight.
It is difficult to do this in a day or even a week. Therefore, gradually abandon the listed products: eat potatoes every other day, indulge in a sandwich or cake no more than twice a week, follow the rule that you need to get up half hungry from the table.
Principles of good nutrition
Weight loss is influenced not only by a balanced diet, but also by how psychologically tuned a person is, how he uses high-quality products, whether he adheres to the diet and culture of eating. Here we have highlighted the basic principles of proper nutrition for weight loss, observing that without problems you will regulate the work of your body in the right way.
Remembering what will help you get rid of fat folds!
- Balanced menu.
The body needs 25 grams of fat and 35 grams of protein per day. Carbohydrates should make up half of the diet and cannot be cookies. Everyone can achieve a balanced diet at home. Create a menu for the week so you can plan ahead for the groceries you need. Thus, you can adhere to all the principles described without any problems.
- Sufficient amount of fruit and vegetables.
Note that there should be more vegetables, so you need to replenish the body with fiber and vitamins. And from fruits, give preference to pineapple and citrus, as they have less sucrose.
- Establish an alcoholism regimen.
Since our body is made up of 80% water, the lack of fluids has a negative effect not only on metabolic processes, but also causes skin aging, wrinkles, problems with the digestion process. Of course, we are talking about plain water. The daily intake is 10 glasses, that is almost two liters. Green tea, dried fruit compotes, fresh juices will help you lose weight.
- Correct product combination.
There is no need to switch to separate power supply. Just try to combine products wisely. For example, sour vegetables cannot be eaten with meat, and potatoes with bread. This approach removes calcium from the bones and promotes the formation of kidney stones. A balanced diet is the key to success!
- Delete semi-finished products.
They contain many preservatives, which are certainly carcinogenic and destroy our health.
- Do not eat after 18: 00.
If you work a long time, don't eat after seven. Chew your food well without being distracted by calls, watching TV or reading the newspapers.
- Minimize the consumption of alcohol, especially beer and spirits.
- Reduce the list of fried foods in your menu.
Replace with steamed or stewed ones. It is desirable that vegetables are processed for a short time during cooking and retain their useful substances.
- Replace the large plate with a small one to visually fool the body.
Also, we recommend that you introduce the concept of fractional nutrition into your life, eg. eat in small portions every 2-3 hours.
- Visit supermarkets on a full stomach so as not to buy too many sweets or excess food.
- Get up from the table feeling a little hungry.
The feeling of fullness will appear in 10 minutes, but eating too much will do the body a disservice.
- Organize fasting days at least once a week.
- Don't forget physical activity (fitness, dance, yoga, swimming, running).
- Fractional nutrition for weight loss.Ideally, eat 6-8 times a day and continue to consume all the calories before. Those. Divide your lunch into 2 portions and eat it 2 hours apart. This will be the perfect program for your body.
How much food can you eat per day?
The opinions of experts are unanimous: in order not to gain weight, you need to eat five times a day. Correlate the portion size with the palm of your hand - there should be food on the plate that only fits two palms. The third part of the dish is a piece of meat or fish. Fill two thirds of vegetables. Bread can be eaten no more than 35 grams. No more than 25 grams of chocolate, honey or nuts are allowed.
The menu for proper nutrition looks like this:
- For breakfast, cook porridge in water, the best option is oatmeal or buckwheat. It is undesirable to add a lot of salt or sugar, you can replace them with fresh fruit.
- For the second breakfast (snack), eat fermented milk products, fruits and vegetables. To keep the menu from looking monotonous, alternate fruit every other day.
- For lunch, you should prepare one of the dishes: the first or the second. Eat soup today and fish with vegetable salad tomorrow. Lean meat replaces seafood and fish.
- Only vegetables and low-fat kefir or yogurt are allowed for afternoon tea. The body at this time begins to slowly prepare for rest, so you should not load it.
- For dinner prepare a light salad of fresh vegetables (excluding peas) and a slice of boiled fish (up to 150 g), in extreme cases you can eat 100 grams of white chicken meat.
- Remember to drink enough water throughout the day.
It seems that sticking to a menu like this will leave you hungry. But is not so. A balanced diet, in fact, will give the body all the nutrients it needs. Nutritionists advise you to eat something that is not on the menu every week to please yourself a little.
To prepare a delicious dish, use different spices of natural origin instead of salt.
Recommended foods for a healthy diet
Not surprisingly, among the list of useful products, you will find those you like. If you find the ones you absolutely don't like or don't tolerate, don't add them to your diet. After all, an important role for proper nutrition is played by the aesthetic perception of the dish. The benefits of the food consumed will be provided that the body will naturally perceive it.
So, "slow" carbohydrates that saturate the body, but do not affect the appearance of excess weight:
- cereals (buckwheat, unpolished rice, oatmeal, millet);
- wholemeal pasta;
- yeast-free bread (rye, bran);
- baked potatoes.
These foods are eaten for breakfast to avoid hunger and snacking all day. Don't think that giving up your morning meal will help you lose weight faster. In fact, you have to replenish your strength all day. And a hearty dinner will bring you back to where you started. Therefore, a fiber, carbohydrate and protein breakfast will help you stay fit. The ideal option is not on the run, but an hour after waking up. A rich breakfast is one of the most important rules of a healthy diet.
Even high school students know that proteins are involved in building all the muscles in the body. Therefore, it cannot be excluded from the diet. It is suitable for a snack because it saturates the body with amino acids, the presence of which helps it to function normally. Protein is found in foods like this:
- seafood and fish;
- lean meats (beef, chicken, turkey, rabbit);
- egg white;
- low-fat cheese (up to 30%);
- low-fat dairy products.
They are used for lunch menus, paired with vegetables rich in fiber. With intense mental or physical exertion, protein should be on the menu at least twice a day. For example, daily consumption of fish and seafood helps restore nerve cells and serves as a preventative measure against heart disease.
Most ignorant people think that fats are harmful. This is because the words "fat" and "obesity" have the same roots. American nutritionists conducted research and found that when fat accounted for nearly half of the calories consumed, the number of overweight people was small, around 14%. But after the whole world learned about the dangers of fats and started removing them from their diets, the percentage of obesity increased dramatically to the level of 35. It was found that women who eat fats with proper nutrition normalizedtheir weight in the same way as those beauties who gave up 90% fat.
Fatty acids act as a building material for cells and are necessary for the full functioning of all organs. Therefore, the list includes:
- olive oil;
- corn oil;
- sunflower oil;
- dark chocolate.
The daily dose of fat varies from two tablespoons of vegetable oil to 25 grams of nuts (optional).
Don't forget that fresh vegetables are much healthier than pickled ones. In addition, the choice is wide: from radishes to asparagus. It is not recommended to eat canned corn and peas, as they contain "fast" carbohydrates.
Fruits cannot be considered light foods as they contain a large amount of fructose. Prepare the menu so that they are digested no later than those hours of the day.
The sweets will have to be abandoned. If it is difficult, replace them with honey, dried apricots, raisins. Keep in mind that green tea with ginger speeds up metabolic processes and promotes weight loss.
We reject harmful products!
The principles and menus of proper nutrition for weight loss imply certain restrictions on products. This list is not very long. It mainly contains those products that advertising strenuously imposes on us. But no matter how sweet the praises are, they shouldn't bother you. In general, our grandmothers could easily do without it. True, they were lucky that the products in the last century were not advertised in such an intrusive way and they have not even heard of preservatives marked with E.
Crossing foods that interfere with weight loss from the menu of a healthy diet:
- salted nuts and chips;
- packaged instant food (mashed potatoes, noodles, cereals, soups);
- all products containing monosodium glutamate (sausages, sausages, smoked meats);
- sweet fruit drinks with gas;
- baked goods and dairy products with a long shelf life;
- fried fish and cakes;
- cakes, pastries, muffins, sweets;
- fast food;
- alcoholic beverages;
- unnatural spices.
They do not contain nutrients. But they can cause a lot of damage to the liver, kidneys, stomach. In addition to the fact that they cannot be consumed with proper nutrition, they are undesirable for any of us. An exception for nutritionists is a glass of dry red wine (once a day) to speed up the absorption of carbohydrates.
How to reduce appetite by losing weight?
Increased appetite indicates that a person has impaired carbohydrate metabolism, which is the reason for excess weight. This is facilitated by stress, overwork, lack of physical activity and poor nutrition. To reduce hunger, consider the recommendations:
- Nutritionists recommend drinking 200 ml of water a quarter of an hour before meals. It can be acidified with lemon juice.
- Avoid spices and salt or use them to a minimum.
- Satisfy your appetite with low-fat fruits, vegetables and dairy products.
- Drink no more than one cup of coffee a day.
- Chew your food at least ten times.
- Eat low calorie vegetable soups.
- Green tea should be the main drink after water.
- Sprouted wheat not only helps get rid of unnecessary toxins, but also prevents aging of the body.
- Do not eat in front of the computer or TV, because the brain cannot control the feeling of satiety.
- Practice aromatherapy to reduce hunger.
- Eliminate your appetite with exercise, walking outdoors, doing what you love.
- Eat small meals 5-6 times a day.
- Do not take unnecessary vitamins and nutritional supplements, the correct diet for weight loss therefore contains everything you need.
- Arrange the portions in small plates, preferably blue. Scientists have shown that blue dishes suppress hunger and red ones ignite.
- Drink herbal tea or a glass of milk in slow sips before going to bed to calm your evening appetite.
- Traditional medicine suggests reducing the feeling of hunger with a decoction of flax. It can be consumed for twelve consecutive days.
- Grapefruit is considered the leader among the fruits that help to forget the appetite for a while.
Reviews suggest that the use of proper nutrition in practice helps to lose weight. We hope that a sensible approach to your health and a balanced diet will help your dream of a slim figure come true!